SME Software Engineers with experience in Agile methodologies
Location: Scott Air Force Base in Illinois (just outside of the greater St. Louis metro area)
Responsibilities and Daily Tasks:
Translate between user needs and software applications
Evaluate system architecture products
Work with external partners on interfaces
Collaborate with internal and external offices
Serve as the technical focal point for the Program Manager
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid experience or strong knowledge in Java, Java EE, platforms such as Windows and LINUX, processes, tools and IDEs (integrated development environments), debugging, lifecycles, security, and best practices.
- Solid experience or strong knowledge using modern database development tools such as SQL/T-SQL, Oracle, SQL*Net, JDBC, etc.
- Solid experience in collaboration with both internal and external development groups.
- Ability to oversee the development team and provide technical direction to the contractor
- Ability to ensure security and engineering best practices are followed
- Ability to create technical reports, with repeatable processes
- Ability to translate between needs and actual applications, and understand how to derive technical requirements from the functional requirements
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other Engineering degree accredited by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc., (ABET)
- DOD 8570-01M certification: IAM Level I or better (e.g., Security+)
- 5 years experience with a strong knowledge of system development, maintenance, integration, and testing
- Strong process orientation
- Ability to provide guidance and leadership to software development teams using agile methodologies to rapidly translate user requirements into delivered capabilities.
- 5 years experience using Agile development practices and methodologies (e.g., Scrum, SAFe, Kanban).
Active Secret security clearance required