REMOTE SR Linux Admin
Description of Duties: Responsible for providing comprehensive Linux administration in an enterprise environment. Must be able to install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspects of the of the Linux architecture. Must be able to perform optimization and performance testing, provide technical support for incident response and reporting and provide on-call support as needed. Must be able to implement and maintain a secure Linux server environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines.
- Five years of technical experience administering Linux in an Enterprise environment
- Experience in applications software development for complex business applications using Agile Development methodology and techniques are desirable
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree
- Strong understanding of Satellite & RHEL patching
- Experienced in scripting skills: Perl, Python, Korn/Bash, etc.
- EMC Networker, Avamar, DPA experience a huge plus
- Experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired
- Possess a SECRET clearance. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract.
- Must be able to obtain a Security+ that is enrolled into the CompTIA Continuing Education program before start date.
- Secondary certification in relevant to the computing environment - Red Hat Certification will be required (up to 90-days to obtain)
- Must sign privileged level access agreement
- Team player, strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi-task
- Ability to train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problem isolation
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow
- Extensive Shell scripting experience is required