Project Analyst I - Rosslyn, VA
Project Analyst I - Active Secret Clearance Required
▪ Assists in the preparation and publication of studies and plands, including responsibility as directed, for collecting, organizing, and incorporating data for a wide range of documents.
▪ Provides necessary assistance to the Division Chief for meetings and conferences to include: scheduling, taking, and distributing meeting minutes and following up on assigned actions, etc.
▪ Communicates with Division management officials and co-workers in both Informal conversations and formal presentations, and delivers short briefings and presentations concerning administrative, clerical, and other non-technical matters.
▪ Assists in evaluating the impact of existing and proposed programs on available resources and drafts recommendations for alternative courses of action.
▪ Gathers and collects program data or information following routine search procedures; conducts research in Office and Division files and other files and databases to locate data and background information, as requested; and assembles and summarizes data, background information, and other materials from publications and other sources; interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
▪ Assists management officials and staff with routine travel queries and stays abreast of new department travel policies and procedures.
▪ Assists the Division Chief in coordinating and monitoring the implementation of planning activities to ensure accomplishments of objectives; helps in the identification of unresolved issues that arise in the course of implementation; and checks back periodically to see that the implementation is proceeding as planned.
▪ Types and edits letters, memoranda, cables, reports, and other material as directed, using office automation software and equipment; and drafts some correspondence under appropriate supervision.
▪ Maintains Division personnel, contract and office files.
▪ Prepares and maintains Division time and attendance records.
▪ Maintains an orderly and adequate level of program supplies for use by the Division staff.
▪ Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies to optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
▪ Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
▪ Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets for planning, design and construction-related activities.
▪ Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
▪ Prepares and analyzes a variety of reports related to the status of funds to include commitments, obligations, and liquidations; travel, staff salaries, and other workload indicators. Consolidates data for viable overview of financial status of programs in various formats, i.e., Word, Excel or PowerPoint format.
▪ Advises program managers on the status of availability of funds in various accounts; evaluates the impact of existing and proposed programs based on available resources and drafts recommendations for alternative courses of action. Prepares detailed analysis and critiques estimates and data submitted and reconciles estimates with current levels of expenditure and anticipated changes in programs.
▪ Maintains internal controls, ensures data integrity by reviewing input for accuracy, and maintains historical records and files. Performs studies and audits on control and use of funds throughout the year. Assures the obligations incurred and expenditures of funds are in accordance with pertinent laws and regulations.
▪ Communicates with DE management officials and colleagues in both informal conversations and formal presentations, and delivers short briefings and presentations concerning administrative, clerical, and other non-technical matters;
▪ Provides advice and assistance to Office-level management in the development of budget requests and related supporting documentation. Reviews budget requests submitted by the assigned organizational components to assure their consistency, accuracy, and adherence to budget instructions which have been developed and issued by the Bureau Budget Officer, negotiates desired changes (i.e., additions and deletions) with program managers. Based upon knowledge of planned and anticipated program initiatives and activities, analysis and consideration of program requirements, develops annual budget requests for the Departmental, OMB and Congressional budget submissions for assigned programs and/or operations.
▪ Develops and prepares detailed background documentation and justification for all assigned budget requests, presentations, and submissions. Prepares briefing materials for witnesses and attends meetings to defend submission at the Departmental level. Provides special information, explanations, and clarifications to respond to Departmental, OMB and Congressional inquiries. Prepares appeals to unfavorable Departmental decisions.
▪ Prepares and recommends annual financial plans which reflect allotments and program objectives; requests funds to carry out the assigned programs.
▪ Makes allotments, purchase requests, and provides a full range of budget oversight, control and execution for various programs. Approves expenditures and obligations and assures that all budget and program requirements are met, that funds are properly allocated, and are being obligated and spent in a timely and effective manner in support of authorized objectives.
▪ Maintains continual liaison with program and operating allowance managers, keeping abreast of their changing requirements. Consults with program managers and provides technical advice on the various aspects of budgetary and financial planning, analysis and implementation functions.
▪ Prepares special and recurring financial reports and other data, as required by the program managers, Assistant Secretary, Office of Budget, OMB and Congress.
▪ As needed, completes special projects pertaining to budget and financial management functions and processes