We are looking for a Program Analyst - Data Ecosystem to support a large, business analysis and management support services contract. This position will work on client site in Arlington, VA (remotely during COVID-19).
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the creation of a multi-year Data Ecosystem sequencing plan, accounting for factual, logical and scheduling aspects of the proposed effort.
- Support the creation of a multi-year plan to prioritize the iterative and incremental implementation of a high value Data Ecosystem in order to take advantage of innovations and emerging technologies such as CDMA and AI/ML.
- Support the development and implementation of reporting metrics to ascertain the progress of all sequencing and implementation plans.
- Develop, review and analyze project management documents that include but not limited to Project Charters, Project Management Plans and supporting plans, Risk Management Plans, Communication/Training Plans, Business Cases etc. according to organizational standards
- Formulating and defining strategies, business processes, system scope, and objectives for programs and projects through research and fact-finding activities.
- Approve or modify existing data system design and architecture plans and documentation to ensure forward compatibility and compliance with established standards
- Support the strategizing of the implementation of a Data Ecosystem task order.
- Support the coordination with other Chief Data Officer section initiatives/programs and enterprise initiatives in identifying gaps, integration elements and/or opportunities.
- Provides business data subject-matter expertise and database design and modeling support to enterprise-wide IT projects.
What you’ll need:
- At least 6 years of IT Projects management experience including business process management, financial reporting and sourcing & contracting management.
- At least 2 years of data enterprise, governance and infrastructure experience coordinating operations of multiple technical environments with cross functional teams, including network engineering, operations, support, and facilities management.
- Maintains an operational level of knowledge in industry leading data architecture practices, technology and methods, including relational database, data warehouse, and big data architectures, in order to provide corporate vision and oversight of the current data environment and to offer recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud technologies, specifically AWS and Azure, pertaining to data and AI/ML.
- Demonstrated experience of current infrastructure concepts including but not limited to servers, database management, storage, networks, data centers and monitoring in a fast paced, high availability environment.
- Demonstrated experience defining data measurement and metrics programs, as well as an ability to define reporting measures with incremental updating.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the establishment an enterprise level (large scale) data architecture in a hybrid environment (on-premise/cloud).
- Demonstrated experience supporting the architecting a Data Science environment.
- Specialized experience in the implementation of enterprise mission critical system components within complex governmental or commercial organizations.
- US Citizenship required by government contract
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields or 5 years of relevant experience in lieu a degree.
- Ability to apply structured engineering methodologies and principles to conduct major enterprise-wide business process evaluation and modernization projects.
- Ability to recognize and recommend improvements to structural issues within an organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies.
- Ability in using model-based representations and other high level modeling techniques, oral and written communications, and situational analysis and decision making abilities.
- Working understanding of federal data services models and frameworks to support the project team to meet client requirements.
- Exceptional communication and personal skills, both written, verbal and while presenting to groups, including C-level executives.
- Understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), project management approaches, and requirements, design, and test techniques.
- Knowledge and practical application with columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership to set and manage realistic program goals and metrics.