Mid-Level Management Specialist Position in Arlington, VA
Mid-Level Management Specialist in Arlington, VA
What you'll be doing:
- Providing complex project-level management support for federal IT acquisitions and contracts, which includes the following activities:
- Drafting and editing procurement packages, statements of work (SOWs), independent government cost estimates (IGCEs), evaluation criteria, and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Coordinating with various stakeholders to prepare Board Cases, talking points, and presentations for senior executives
- Assisting Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) in ensuring their contracts comply with applicable laws and terms and conditions and that deliver meet contractual requirements
- Analyzing vendor pricing proposals and summarizing findings for technical evaluation panels (TEPs)
- Creating and updating reports in MS Excel, Access, and SharePoint to track and manage contract spend and performance
- Researching sourcing best practice recommendations and developing sourcing governance processes, tools, and training materials
What you’ll need
- US Citizenship required for federal agency check.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience with IT project management in the federal environment.
- 3+ years of business analysis and acquisition experience.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel experience, including using PivotTables, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, nested IF statements, etc. as part of the analysis process. Current knowledge and experience with VBA for Excel is preferred.
- Experience writing acquisition-related Board Cases for presentation to management.
- Experience drafting acquisition requirements packages (IGCE’s, SOOs, SOWs, and evaluation criteria).
- Ability to assess and apply multiple organizational and management improvement techniques in a government environment.
- Ability to identify best practices, effect re-engineering, change management, business management techniques, continuous process improvement, root cause analysis, IT-planning, develop/recommend IT performance-based metrics, and organizational development activity.
- In depth knowledge of the IT industry and industry-accepted best processes, procedures and frameworks relating to financial reporting, sourcing/contract management, business analysis, program management, internal control reviews, continuous process improvement, and root cause analysis.
- Extensive experience with project management practices.
What we would like:
- Knowledge of the application development lifecycle, including exposure to/experience in various software development lifecycle (SDLC) models/methods such as DevSecOps, Agile, traditional waterfall, etc.
- Experience in developing and drafting application development and maintenance (ADM) technical and operational requirements, service level agreements (SLAs), and reports
- Experience with the full ADM procurement lifecycle – strategy, requirements gathering, request for proposal (RFP) development, proposal evaluation, contract negotiations
- Experience with the full range of ADM pricing models
- Exposure to enterprise modernization programs, e.g., re-platforming/refactoring applications currently residing in a traditional data center environment to enable them to perform efficiently/effectively in a cloud environment
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with IT and business stakeholders, draw out requirement “needs” vs. “wants,” rationalize requirements between multiple stakeholders, and document those requirements clearly and unambiguously
- Ability to translate technical and operational requirements into contract-ready language incorporating contract structures such as defined terms
Professional Skills and/or Experience:
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple clients across different groups
- Must be a positive team player with an ability to also work independently
- Must be able to manage changing priorities and tight deadlines