Enterprise Architect at Scott Air Force Base, IL
Location: Scott AFB, IL
Dfuse is searching for an experienced Enterprise Architect to provide system/solution-level architectural support to managers and technical staff by designing architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces and enterprise data design experience. The position is located at Scott AFB, IL.
Responsibilities and Daily Tasks:
Provide assessments and recommendations for architectural standards and framework compliance across the enterprise.
Work with solutions architects to identify model design standards.
Produce models to describe the business and systems operations.
Coordinate across architecture projects to identify relevant integration of architecture models.
Coordinate with subject matter experts and engineers to ascertain system functional capacity, constraints and support of the business process.
Model and assess components of the organizations' baseline architecture.
Advise of feasibility of potential future projects to management.
Design/evaluate data architecture
Build and maintain data models
Provide technical leadership
Collaborate with internal and external offices
Serve as the technical advisor to the Program Manager
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other Engineering degree accredited by Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc., (ABET)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a data architect, data analyst, or similar role
- Expertise with SQL
- Ability to conceptualize and clearly articulate ideas
- Secret Security Clearance
- DOD 8570-01M certification: IAM Level I or better (e.g., Security+)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience with a minimum of one of the major architecture frameworks (DODAF, Zachman, FEAF or TOGAF).
- Experience with BPMN 2.0.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing. must have strong interpersonal skills to interact with our customers and team members. Strong communication, leadership, and presentation skills along with analytical and problem solving capabilities are a must.
- Solid experience in collaboration with both internal and external development groups
- Strategic thinking
- A full understanding of system development, maintenance, integration, and testing processes
- Ability to create technical reports with repeatable processes
- Ability to design solutions to complex technical challenges often involving legacy or outdated hardware and software.
- Experience migrating legacy data into new solutions
- Experience in mapping applications and business capabilities to describe how systems interact within the organization.
- Ability to build architecture models/artifacts that provide mappings between users, systems, platforms and business functions.
- Fluency in formulating ideas and expressing them, especially to senior leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively technical developers and business managers.
- Ability to manage projects and deliver models in accordance with required deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.